- 1.5 kg (3 lb) boneless cross rib roast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- Sprig each of fresh thyme, marjoram and oregano
- 30 ml (2tbsp) oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500 ml (2 c) red wine
- Trim any excess fat from the meat.
- Place meat in an airtight container.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over the meat in the container.
- Seal the container and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove from marinade and pat dry.
- Reserve marinade for possible later use as gravy.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to approximately 100°C (220°F).
- Place roast on an oiled smoker rack in the upper half of the Bradley Smoker.
- Using Special Blend flavor bisquettes, smoke/cook for 7 - 8 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 65°C (150°F).
Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy with traditional roast beef dinner fixings, such as roast potatoes, our rich vegetable gravy
, horse radish and Yorkshire pudding. Wonderful thickly sliced for sandwiches the next day!