Demerara Cured Smoked Kahwai
1129 days ago
- Kahwai Fillets with skin on
- Bradley Demerara cure
- Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup
- Garlic powder
- Lightly Sprinkle Bradley Demerara cure over fish fillets
- Rub in Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup on fillets and refrigerate overnight
- Additionally add a sprinkle of Garlic powder depending on taste requirements
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 65°C and 85°C (150°F and 200°F).
- Dry at 140º F (60º C) with no smoke until the surface is dry. This will require at least one hour.
- Raise temperature to 160°F (71°C), using Alder flavoured Bisquettes smoke/cook for 3 or 4 hours depending on thickness of fillets.
- If extra browning on fish is required raise temperature to 91°C for the last hour, be sure not to over cook.