Hot Smokin’ Gal’s Smoked Pork Chops
1126 days ago
- Morton's Tender Quick 5 Tbsp. for 5 pounds of pork chops
- 1 Tbsp.+ of hickory salt from Butcher Packer,
- A little less than a 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
Hot Smokin Gal's comments: The best doggone smoked chops I've ever eaten.
- Rubbed down the chops and sealed in a plastic bag . (I used my Foodsaver. ) Instructions on Morton said 4 - 6 hour for the rub.
- After 4-1/2 hours cut open bag and add a little pineapple juice (I was out of apple cider) in with the chops and resealed. ** see below.
- Let them sit about another 45 minutes, then removed chops and rinsed.
- Smoked in the Bradley at 200°F. for an hour.
- Increase temperature to 225°F for 1/2 an hour to finish cooking,
- Use 3 apple wood pucks. ** These chops were pretty thin.