- 4 pieces tuna fillet - 2 kg (4 lb)
- cooking oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried dill weed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) mustard seed
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 c) brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1000 ml (4 c) water
- The night before you are planning on serving the fish, mix together marinade ingredients, in a medium size bowl, making certain salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Put marinade in a large heavy plastic bag, add fish, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove fish from bag and pat dry.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 105°C and 120°C (220°F and 250°F).
- Place fish on oiled racks and using Maple flavor bisquettes smoke/cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Smoked tuna fillets are delicious served with vegetable stir fry and rice pilaf.