- Pot Roast
- 1.5 kg (3 lb) boneless cross rib roast
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves slivered
- 60 ml (1/4 c) paprika
- 30 ml (1/8 c) ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 c) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 c) sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chili powder
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) garlic powder
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) onion powder
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dried ground thyme
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dried ground sage
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cayenne pepper
The night before serving the roast, combine dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Insert garlic slivers into the meat. Rub meat all over with the dry rub. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. Remove meat from the refrigerator and let stand for around 45 minutes.
Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 95°C and 105°C (200°F and 220°F). Transfer the meat to a smoker rack and place in the smoker. Using Mesquite flavor bisquettes smoke/cook the meat for approximately 4 to 6 hours.
Serve as a pot roast dinner with vegetables, potatoes and pickles.