Pete’s Fish Smokin’ Wet Brine
1194 days ago
- 125 ml (1/2 c) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 c) coarse salt (non-iodized)
- 500 ml (2 c) soya sauce
- 1 750 ml (24 oz) bottle white wine
- 1 litre (32 oz) apple juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) onion powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) hot sauce
- your choice of fish
- cooking oil
Mix marinade/brine ingredients together in a non-metallic bowl. Place fish in brine making certain it is covered completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove fish from brine and towel dry.
Place fish on oiled racks in the Bradley Smoker. Using Cherry flavor bisquettes smoke at 50°C to 65°C (135°F to 150°F) for approximately 6 to 8 hours. Suggest adding smoke for about 3 to 4 hours.
Serve with crackers and cream cheese for an appetizer.
This recipe will accommodate 7.5 kg (15 lb) of fish. It is important to make certain all the fish is covered with the brine/ marinade.