1122 days ago
- 1- 5 to 8 lb Boneless Boston Butt Roast (pork shoulder)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Just a note in the Bradley this will take about 10-12 hours to do
- Rub roast liberally with kosher salt, Then pepper to taste (let sit at room temp for min. one hour, overnight is better)
- Pre heat Bradley to 220 degrees
- Place pork roast in Bradley and hot smoke for 4 hours at 220 degrees with mesquite or hickory bisquettes (or try Apple it has a nice flavor also)
- When the internal temperature of the pork gets to 160 degrees turn smoker temperature up to 240 cook until core temperature is 192.
Or if you are in a hurry try this
- After 4 hours, remove from smoker and place in kitchen oven at 240 degrees until core temp reaches 190 degrees (approx 4-5 hours)
- At the same time, fill an adequately sized picnic cooler with hot, hot water. Let sit.
- When pork reaches 190 degrees in centre, remove from oven and double wrap with heavy duty aluminum foil, then wrap in a towel
- Drain water from cooler and place pork inside.
- Close lid and let pork rest for 2 hours without opening.
- After 2 hours, remove pork from cooler, unwrap towel and foil and shred with fork.
- Serve in a bun with your favorite sauce and side.
Here is the recipe for pulled pork. If you follow it correctly you will enjoy melt in your mouth goodness.