Quick Easy Smoked Sausage
1129 days ago
- 3 or 4 lbs. Uncooked Sausage Links
- Italian, bratwurst, or whatever your grocery has, personally I prefer sweet Italian.
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees. Put sausage in smoker using middle racks.
- Smoke with 4 pucks of your favorite wood, and continue to cook for a total time of two hours.
- Pull out of the smoker and allow to rest for several minutes. Then enjoy. Refrigerate or freeze extra sausages for later use.
The total smoking/cooking time should be sufficient, but if you intend to use an internal temperature reading, the following are recommended temperatures (those in bold are the USDA recommendation):
- Beef and Pork: 152°F/160°F
- Chicken and Turkey: 160°F/165°F
From Ded Leg
I came up with this recipe a while ago as a way to make dinner without having to fuss with it constantly. The sausage comes out smoke flavored, juicy and delicious. I recommend doing extra because they heat up nicely in a microwave for a quick meal and they also go really good fried up with eggs or pancakes for breakfast.
I have done up to twenty sausages at a time with no need to increase the time. I have to warn you though, once you make these, you will be hooked.