Rich Vegetable Gravy
1119 days ago
- Reserved marinade from Boneless Cross Rib Roast or other of your choice
- 375 mL (11/2 cups) beef broth
- 250 g (8 oz.) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g (8 oz.) fresh tiny onions, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 60 mL (4 tbsp.) all purpose flour
- 60 mL (4 tbsp.) soft butter
- Boil the reserved marinade and beef broth in a medium saucepan
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes
- Strain and discard the onion, garlic and herbs
- Return liquid to the saucepan. Add mushrooms, onions and carrots.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Mix together flour and butter. Stir half of the mixture into the broth.
- Stir, cooking and adding more flour/butter until mixture is thickened and forms smooth gravy