- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 60 ml (1/4 c) anise star
- 60 ml (1/4 c) fennel
- 60 ml (1/4 c) peppercorns
- 90 ml (1/3 c) brown sugar
- 2 slabs baby back ribs - approx. 1.25 to 1.5 kg (2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 125 ml (1/2 c) teriyaki sauce
- The night before you plan on cooking the ribs, grind together the rub ingredients in a coffee mill or food processor, and mix with brown sugar.
- Rub the ribs with the teriyaki sauce and coat with the rub.
- Place ribs in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day remove the ribs from the refrigerator, pat down with any remaining rub and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 95°C to 100°C (200°F to 220°F) approximately.
- Transfer the ribs to the Bradley Smoker and using Apple flavor bisquettes cook for about 4 hours.
Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting to serve.