- 2.5 kg (5 lb) regular ground beef (not extra lean)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) curing salt
- 18 ml (3 1/2 tsp) mustard seed
- 13 ml (2 1/2 tsp) coarse black pepper
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) garlic salt
- 250 ml (1 c) water
- cooking oil
- In a large glass bowl, mix together all the ingredients by hand.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours, mixing twice during this time.
- Remove from fridge and form the meat into 5 rolls approximately 8 cm (3 inches) in diameter.
- Place the rolls on oiled smoker racks.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 95°C and 105°C (200°F and 220°F).
- Place rolls in the Bradley Smoker and using Hickory flavor bisquettes
- Smoke/cook for approximately 4 to 5 hours until meat thermometer reads 70°C to 75°C (160°F to 170°F).
To store wrap in foil, put in plastic bags and freeze. Take out an hour before serving, slice and serve with cheese and crackers as an appetizer.