Smoked Boneless Turkey Breast
1122 days ago
- 3 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (either light or dark)
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 4-6 pound white boneless turkey breast (I use Honeysuckle brand)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Coat turkey with a little vegetable oil, and apply rub to all parts of the breast.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate over night.
- Placed breast in a preheated 250 °F smoker, and apply 6 cherry bisquettes (or bisquettes of your choice).
- Smoke/cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
- Remove breast from smoker, wrap in foil, and allow to rest 15 - 20 minutes. During this time the internal temperature will rise another 5 - 10 °F. The meat comes out moist, tender and delicious.
Comment by ONTRACK:
Juicy, tender, a little spicier than I was expecting (which is fine)....delicious! Brian. I followed your recipe to a tee, except I used apple. And, I used Butterballs instead of Honeysuckles.....Thanks very much for posting yours, because that's the only reason I did mine!
5 pounds of lunch meat for less than $5.