Smoked Chicken and Fruit Salad
1195 days ago
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- greens for presentation
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) each cumin, coriander and salt
- 250 ml (1 c) minced red onion
- 90 ml (1/3 c) flaked coconut
- 90 ml (1/3 c) yellow raisins
- 250 ml (1 c) seedless red or green grapes
- 125 ml (1/2 c) mayonnaise
- 125 ml (1/2 c) plain yogurt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) liquid honey
- 8 ml (1/2 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 22 ml (1-1/2 tbsp) curry powder
- 60 ml (1/4 c) sliced almonds
- Mix together the rub ingredients and rub into the chicken breasts.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the refrigerator and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 105°C and 120°C (220°F and 250°F).
- Smoke/cook the chicken breasts using Pecan flavor bisquettes until done approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours, making certain to check with a meat thermometer.
- Cut chicken into bite-size chunks and place in a large bowl with onion, coconut and raisins.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Add the dressing mixture to the chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Just before serving add the grapes and almonds to the salad. Serve on a bed of greens.