Smoked Lamb with Bourbon Onion Coulée
1190 days ago
- 120 ml (4 oz) bourbon
- 420 ml (14 oz) red wine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) minced garlic
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dry rosemary
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coarsely ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) salt
Bourbon Onion Coulée
- 6 large onions sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 c) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) black pepper
- 120 ml (1/2 c) bourbon
- In a bowl mix together marinade ingredients.
- Place lamb shanks in a casserole dish and pour marinade over lamb shanks.
- Cover and turning occasionally refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove lamb shanks from marinade and place on oiled smoker racks.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 110°C (225°F).
- Using Maple flavor bisquettes smoke/cook for approximately 4 hours depending upon outside weather conditions.
Burbon Onion Coulée
- In a small saucepan with olive oil, salt and pepper, saute onions on a stove over medium heat.
- When onions begin to soften, add bourbon and simmer stirring until onions become soft.