Smoked Long/Short Ribs
1128 days ago
- One full rack of beef rib bones with one inch of meat on them.
- Black and White Pepper freshly ground
- Quality Salt
- Oak Wood
- Cut Rib Bones from Prime Rib leaving at least one inch of meat on them.
- Take beef rib bones and cover with fresh ground Black, White Pepper and Quality Salt to suit your taste.
- Place in Smoker that is pre-heated to 190°F.
- Smoke using Oak wood 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove ribs and place into a foil boat.
- Add a couple of ounce of apple juice
- Close up foil boat
- Return to smoker until meat reaches 130°F.
- FTC from one to two hours.
- Place ribs under a super hot broiler for 1-2 minutes to crisp it up.
Bradley Smoker user: Olds
One of the problems with beef short ribs is the lack of meat on them many times. To get around this problem when I age a whole bone on Prime rib I will after the aging process remove the rib bones leaving at least one full inch of meat on them.