Smoked Pork Chops with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
652 days ago
Let's Get Smoking!
Smoking Temperature: 250°F
Bradley Smoker Jerky rack and regular smoking rack
- 4 x 2 inch Thick cut pork chop t-bones, with the loin and tenderloin intact
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 8 Tbsp Ted's World Famous BBQ Bone Dust™ BBQ Seasoning (Be generous!)
Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- 1 pint Fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 large stalks Fresh rhubarb
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup White sugar
- 1/2 cup Apple juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Ted's World Famous BBQ Crazy Canuck Sticky Chicken and Rib Sauce
- 1 tsp Cold butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, to taste
- Brush the pork chops on one side with honey, then sprinkle evenly with about 1 tablespoon of Bone Dust™ BBQ Seasoning pressing the seasoning into the meat.
- Turn chops over and repeat the process.
- Place pork chops onto smoker rack.
- Preheat Bradley Smoker as per manufacturer's instruction using Cherry Bisquettes and setting the temperature to 250°F.
- Insert thermometer probe into the thickest part of one pork chop close to the bone. Set internal temperature thermometer for 145- 150°F for medium to medium-well doneness. You can do less if you wish. I personally like the chops at 140°F.
- Smoke chops for approximately 2 1/2 -3 hours until desired internal temperature is reached.
- Meanwhile prepare the smoked strawberry rhubarb compote.
- Lay the strawberries onto a Bradley Smoker Jerky rack and place into smoker with the pork chops and smoke strawberries for 30 minutes.
- Remove strawberries from smoker and allow to cool.
- As the strawberries smoke, peel and coarsely chop the rhubarb.
- In a medium pot, add the rhubarb, 2 sugars and apple juice, heat, stirring occasionally until the rhubarb is soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice.
- Add Crazy Canuck Sauce and smoked strawberries.
- Heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until the strawberries have softened and the compote is relatively thick.
- Stir in 1 tsp of cold butter and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Set aside keeping warm.
- Remove pork chops from smoker.
- Serve immediately topped with smoked strawberry rhubarb compote.
Smoked pork chops on a Bradley Smoker, what could get better than that? Here's what can get better, Chef Ted Reader showing you how to smoke these pork chops on the Bradley Smoker to perfection!