- Pork Loin
Prepare to receive the accolades of your guests. This recipe is the one that convinced me that a smoker should be used for more than just salmon.
- 2-3 Tbsp. of Rosemary, chopped fresh leaves
- Apple or orange juice
- 3 lb. pork tenderloin
- 6 fresh plums, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cremé de Cassis liqueur** see below
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry Madeira wine*** see below
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg.
- Boil plums and cassis then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
- Combine plum mixture with vinegar, wine, garlic, mustard, sugar and nutmeg and puree.
- Combine marinade and rosemary and marinate pork overnight or for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from smoker.
- Boil marinade to baste with.
- Use apple juice in the water pan of your smoker, smoke pork with apple or cherry or pecan until internal temp reaches 140°F.
**An extract of European black currants blended with spirits. A true creamy; thick and syrupy.
*** There are two different types of dry Madeira wines:
- Sercial (same origin as Riesling) wine is dry and quite light.
- Verdelho is a medium-dry wine with a very fresh and fruity bouquet
Source: Marinades by Jim Tarantino.