Smoked Scallop Martini
1194 days ago
- 16 Digby (large sized) scallops, approx. 500 g (1 lb)
- 20 ml (4 Tsp) vodka
- Sprigs of fresh parsley, kale or large green olives as garnish
- 4 martini glasses
- Cover two racks with cheesecloth.
- Wash scallops and spread evenly over the racks.
- Place racks in highest positions in the Bradley Smoker and using Cherry flavor bisquettes start the smoke generator at a very low temperature 40°C (100°F) and keep low for 40 to 60 minutes. Make sure the top vent is open at least halfway.
- Remove from the Bradley Smoker.
- Finish cooking the scallops under an oven broiler for approximately 5 minutes turning once and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Allow scallops to cool.
- Place 4 scallops in each martini glass.
- Drizzle 5 ml (1 tsp) vodka over the scallops in each glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley, kale or large green olives as according to taste preferences and serve as an appetizer.
An appetizer, but these Smoked Scallops can also be prepared as entrée dish by increasing the quantity of scallops and serving with an appropriate vegetable stir fry and rice pilaf.