- 4 to 5 kg (8 to 10 lb) turkey (small turkeys work best)
- 65 ml (1/4 c) brown sugar
- 65 ml (1/4 c) non-iodized salt
- 65 ml (1/4 c) cream sherry
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, sage, rosemary, lemon zest and/or pepper to individual taste
- Mix together brown sugar, salt, and rosemary and add cream sherry to make a thin paste.
- Brush paste in between meat and skin and on top of the skin.
- Season with other herbs to taste.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to approximately 100°C (220°F).
- Using Pecan flavor bisquettes smoke/cook turkey for 2 to 4 hours depending on how strong a smoke flavor you want.
- Baste the turkey using juices from inside the cavity and continue cooking the bird, basting every hour for another 2 to 4 hours, until a meat thermometer reads 75°C (165°F).
Carve up turkey and serve as part of a traditional Thanksgiving feast with stuffing, gravy, cranberry chutney, potatoes, brussel sprouts and yams. Bradley Smoked Acorn Squash
would also work well with this menu. And do not forget the apple and pumpkin pies!