- Trigger Fish, filleted
- Vanilla Soy Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Hungry Jack Lite Syrup
- Tones Premixed Salmon and Seafood Seasoning
- Grill Mates Seafood Rub
- Brown sugar
- Combine brown sugar and Vanilla Soy Milk, Hungry Jack Lite Syrup, Tones Premixed Salmon and Seafood Seasoning and Equal. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Use enough Soy milk and syrup to cover the fish, and enough brown sugar to sweeten to your particular taste.
- Place fish in one gallon sealable plastic bags, and pour marinade over the fish.
- Refrigerate and marinate overnight turning bag over occasionally.
- Remove fish from the plastic bags, and sprinkle some Grill Mates Seafood Rub on the fish.
- Before smoking, sprinkled brown sugar on the top of the fish.
- Smoke for about 1 1/2 hours (depending on the thickness of the fish) at 150°F; use apple smoke bisquettes for 1 1/2 hours (check fish for doneness at the 1 1/2 hour mark).
- Fish is done when it flakes easily.
Comment by Gator: Came out mouth watering, with NO fishy taste! I would recommend anyone give this a try.