- 1 kg (2 lb) whole frying chicken or chicken parts
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) each dried thyme, sage pepper and oregano (or substitute herbs of your choice)
- 2 ml (1/4 tsp) garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne powder
- pinch of allspice powder
- Rub chicken all over with olive oil.
- Mix together spices and sprinkle over chicken.
- Place chicken or chicken pieces on the smoker racks.
- Place chicken in the Bradley Smoker.
- Hot smoke chicken using Pecan flavor bisquettes for approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Using a meat thermometer, continue cooking on high until chicken is completely cooked. The whole chicken should take approximately 4 to 4-1/2 hours, about half way it should be rotated for even cooking.
Serve with BBQ sauce on the side for dipping. For an authentic Southern meal consider also serving rice and beans, or a jambalaya, along with some Southern-style greens, yams or fried green tomatoes and, of course cornbread or biscuits. Finish up the meal with a pecan pie or a peach cobbler for a true Southern touch!