Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
556 days ago
- 1.5 kg (3 lb.) pork loin roast, butterflied
- 5 dried pears, coarsely chopped
- 10 dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 10 dried pitted prunes, coarsely chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) red or white wine
Trim roast of excess fat and pat dry. In a small bowl, marinate the pears, apricots, prunes and rosemary in wine for about 20 minutes. Drain reserving marinade. Open out the butterflied roast and spread the center with the fruit. Roll up and tie well. Rub the outside with remaining marinade
- Preheat smoker to 80-90°C (175-190°F)
- Place roast on an oiled rack
- Smoke cook for 6 - 7 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 65-70°C (150-160° F). Cooking times will vary depending on wind and weather conditions.
The meat should be moist and tender. Let stand a few minutes before carving.
Fresh rosemary enhances a mixed fruit stuffing in this pork roast. For a lighter smoke flavor, smoke cook for half the time and roast in oven at 180°C (350°F) for about 1 hour.