Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
1193 days ago
- 1.5 to 1.75 kg (3 to 3-1/2 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 125 ml (1/2 c) paprika
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) kosher salt
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) dried basil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) each of dried thyme, oregano, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, coarsely ground black pepper and cayenne pepper
- 180 ml to 240 ml (6 oz to 8 oz) Italian sausage
- 1/2 medium onion minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) prepared coarse-ground mustard
- The night before you plan to smoke the loin roast, slice a pocket lengthwise through the center.
- Combine the rub ingredients and massage the pork inside and out.
- Wrap the meat in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl combine the filling ingredients.
- Remove pork from refrigerator and stuff with the sausage filling.
- Tie pork loin in several places with kitchen twine.
- Let pork stand at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Using Mesquite flavor bisquettes, bring your Bradley Smoker to approximately 105°C (225°F).
- Place pork on rackin the Bradley Smoker and using a meat thermometer, cook to an internal temperature of 70°C (160°F), and approximately 3 to 4 hours at 105°C to 120°C (225°F to 250°F).
- Slice diagonally and serve.