- 250 ml (1 c) of diced venison (Note: Other meats, such as beef or pork can be substituted.)
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 500 g (1 lb) cooked navy beans
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chili powder (more or less depending on your taste)
- 250 ml (1 c) ketchup
- 65 ml (1/4 c) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 c) molasses
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour into a 23 cm x 33 cm (9" x 13") glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 105°C (225°F).
- Place baking dish in the Bradley Smoker on the top rack.
- Using Pecan flavor bisquettes, cook/smoke for approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir once each 1/2 hour for the first 1-1/2 hours. You may wish to turn the smoke generator off after the first 1-1/2 hours but continue cooking the bean mixture.
Little more is needed than a green salad and a crusty loaf or cornbread to sop up the juices of Venison Smoked Beans.