The chicken will have a beautiful reddish colour and be very juicy. Used maple bisquettes for a really nice smoky taste and aroma. One beautiful meal!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup coarse salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 Qt. water
- Italian dressing
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Brine the chicken for 3 hours
- Rinse the chicken
- Brush the seasoning mixture all over the chicken and under the skin
- Stand the chicken upright on the stand
- Smoke with maple bisquettes for about 4 hours at no more than 210°F.